A trek for future leaders meeting the world’s best entrepreneurs
Around 25 students from one of the global top 10 business schools are coming to Silicon Valley to learn about entrepreneurship, technology and innovation. We are always on the lookout for sponsors, partners and companies to visit and share insights, inspiration and opportunities with each other. Please contact us if you want to make use of the opportunity to get an outside view on a strategic question from some of the best MBA students in the world.
Find out more on the trek website: http://www.iesemtv.com
Why are we doing it?
- Enable students to better understand the entrepreneurial journey and mindset
- Understand the interaction between capital and ideas
- Provide first hand experience from the world’s best entrepreneurs
- Absorb the Silicon Valley ecosystem and take it home!
What is IESE Meets The Valley?
- Organized by students of IESE Business School interested in Entrepreneurship, investment and technology
- A chance to experience the entrepreneurial journey first hand
- AND …
How is the trip designed?
- One week visit to Silicon Valley structured around the entrepreneurial lifecycle
- Company visits with special evening events
- Entrepreneurial Forum facilitates exchange between founders, capital and students
The structure of the trek
- How to obtain funding?
- What were the biggest failures / setbacks along the way? What to do differently?
- What is the personal background and story of the founding team?
- How to find co-founders and what to look for in partners, investors and employees?
- What are problems when scaling a business and how to solve them?
- How to grow internationally?
- How do you recruit talent?
- We would also love to discuss current strategic questions and give you our take on the issue.
Incubators and Accelerators
- How are entrepreneurs selected and what criteria are used?
- What is the track record of the past participants?
- What are new trends observed by incubators?
- What are the main tips for people who want to become entrepreneur?
- What is the business model of your accelerator/incubator?
- What type of startup to you focus on (tech/disruptive/green/…) and why?
Angel and VC Investors
- How to do a successful pitch?
- How do you identify the startups that you want to work with
- How to evaluate business ideas / entrepreneurs?
- What is the main role of an investor in a company’s scaling process?
- How to manage risk?
- How do you manage your portfolio and how do you diversify?
- Do you have a focus on a certain type of startup (tech/green/disruptive/…) and why?
- What is the best founding team from the investor point of view?
- How to remain entrepreneurial and foster continuous innovation?
- How to deal with international business?
- How to handle maturing markets?
- How to successfully grow (organic and M&A)?
- What are the main trends in your industry and how do you plan to follow them?
- How do you deal with competing startups?
IESE Meets the valley 2016